|Titles||Giant Crystal Halberd Dragon|
|Monster Class||Elder Dragon|
|Habitats||Elder's Recess (Everstream Grotto)|
|Signature Move||Crystal Detonation|
Everstream Gogmaziosis a variant of the Elder Dragon Gogmazios first appearing in Monster Hunter World Cataclysm
- 1 Physiology
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Ecological Information
- 4 Rage and Tired States
- 5 Attacks
- 6 Mounts
- 7 Breakable Parts/Damage Effectiveness
- 8 Quests
- 9 G Rank Rewards
- 10 Equipment
- 11 Ecology
- 12 Description
- 13 Introductory Cutscene
- 14 Notes
Everstream Gogmazios is a massive Elder Dragon with a body structure similar in nature to that of Gore Magala and Shagaru Magala, albeit with proportionally-larger wingarms. It has a large, heavy head with glowing blue eyes and rows of sharp teeth. When its chest and throat begin to glow with the Everstream, a glowing pattern, reminiscent of a scowl, is present beneath its chin, giving it the semblance of a second face. Its wingarms feature membranes that almost completely retract when not in use, and its body is covered in thick, powerful scales, carapaces, and spines of an deep grey colouration. Perhaps the most notable features of Everstream Gogmazios's body are the ever-present covering of a sticky, tar-like substance which it uses to incapacitate prey, and the presence of many glowing crystals lodged all over its back.
Despite its enormous size, Everstream Gogmazios is fully capable of flight thanks to its incredibly powerful wings and presumably light skeleton. It is capable of firing a laser-like beam of superheated oil at attackers, and can use its immense size and weight to batter opponents into submission. It can also create crystals of pure energy, which it can make explode in wider areas than its normal oil.
Placement in Food Chain
Everstream Gogmazios is a large Elder Dragon, and as such deserves respect as a monster stronger than an apex. As with their regular counterparts, they were once known to feed on sulfur, though though this variant only devours crystals found in the heart of the Elder's Recess. As with other Elder Dragons, their presence in a locale causes lesser monsters to flee.
Behavior Toward Other Monsters
Everstream Gogmazios will make ready for a fight in the presence of another monster, displaying that it is sure of victory until they flee. In the presence of other Elder Dragons however, it will ready itself for a turf war, to establish dominance.
Everstream Gogmazios does not partake in Turf Wars
Everstream Gogmazios does not leave tracks, only being fought in an arena.
Specific Locale Interactions
Everstream Gogmazios does not have any specific locale interactions, only being fought in an arena.
Everstream Gogmazios does not have any special behaviour, only being fought in an arena.
Rage and Tired States
Rage and Tired States
- Rage State: Flames will be huffed from its mouth and it will be wilder in its attacks.
- Second Phase: Blue smoke will rise from its back and its chest will constantly glow blue.
- Tired State: Its head will be bowed and it will lag in attacks.
- Roar: Everstream Gogmazios will pause and let out a deafening roar, only blockable with max earplugs.
- Claw Swipes: Everstream Gogmazios will slash at a Hunter with its front claws in two quick swipes, knocking back Hunters hit.
- Tail Whip: Everstream Gogmazios will sometimes swivel around to face a Hunter, and its tail can strike Hunters as he turns, knocking back Hunters hit.
- Claw Drag: Everstream Gogmazios will slam its wing into the ground (left or right can be used) and then drag it across the earth in front of it in a wide, sweeping arc. This will generate sparks that can inflict Fireblight, knocking back Hunters hit and setting them alight.
- Crystalline Tar Splash: Everstream Gogmazios will spit out a large gob of crystallised tar at a Hunter, entrapping Hunters hit in the sticky tar before the crystal explodes in flames.
- Tar Beam: Everstream Gogmazios will rear back and then unleash a beam of tar at Hunters, entrapping Hunters hit in sticky tar, dealing more damage and sticking Hunters longer than the Tar Splash.
- Claw Smash: Everstream Gogmazios will rear back and then slam both of its claws onto the ground, causing tremors and knocking back Hunters hit.
- Body Slam: Everstream Gogmazios will smash down its body onto a Hunter, causing tremors when its lands and knocking away Hunters hit.
- Tar Crystal Beam: Everstream Gogmazios will rear its head back, then fire a concentrated beam of blue energised oil into a large crystal that remains there for a while, making that area a sticky, flaming obstacle that Hunters must avoid.
- Savage Charge: Everstream Gogmazios will take a savage pose before abruptly bursting into a sprint, stopping at the other side of the arena, knocking away Hunters hit.
- Crystal Rain: Everstream Gogmazios will shake its entire body, sending crystals flying in all directions, entrapping Hunters hit in the sticky tar before the crystal explodes in flames.
- Crystal Detonation: Upon reaching half health, the Second Phase begins, and with it this attack, where Everstream Gogmazios will perform the Tar Crystal Beam attack, or if they have done so already. It will then fire this beam again into the large crystal and make it explode into flaming blue chunks of crystal, instantly one-shotting Hunters in the main blast, and if they are hit by the chunks they will be flung away, having been dealt massive damage and inflicted with Fireblight.
- Double Bite: Everstream Gogmazio will bite forward once slowly, then pause and bite again much faster, if a Hunter is hit they will be knocked back and inflicted with Fireblight.
Everstream Gogmazios can be mounted on their head, back, or tail. When its head is mounted; it will bite and shake his head repeatedly, and swing its head into walls to knock the hunter off. If its back is mounted; it will swing his wing-claws around and slam the ground or smash the side of its body into a wall to knock the hunter off. If its tail is mounted, it will wave it rapidly or swing it into a wall to knock the hunter off.
Breakable Parts/Damage Effectiveness
- Head (x1)
- Back (x2)
- Spikes snapped
- Crystals broken
- Right Wingclaw (x1)
- Left Wingclaw (x1)
- Tail (Sever)
Physical Damage Effectiveness
Shiny Item Drops
Everstream Gogmazios can drop Dragon Pods when hit with a Clutch Claw attack.
G Rank 7 Star
|Special Assignment: The Binding Doom_____ LV G★★★★★★★|
|Crystalline Flames_____ LV G★★★★★★★|
G Rank Carves
G Rank Rewards
Max Version Shown
Everstream Gogmazios's territory lies in the Everstream Grotto deep within the Elder's Recess.
Everstream Gogmazios are known to feed only on crystals found within the Elder's Recess, and jealously guard them. This leads to any creature seen in its territory being incinerated in hellfire out of sheer anger that they would dare to tresspass.
An adult Everstream Gogmazios is approxiamtely 4920.5cm long and standing at a height at about 1708.5cm. Unlike most other Elder Dragons, Everstream Gogmazios has an extra pair of limbs that allow it to walk better and allow it to walk upright. From the large amounts of muscles found inside these limbs, Everstream Gogmazios is able to walk upright with very much ease and to battle some threats at close range. These extra pair of limbs even allow Everstream Gogmazios to fly with its powerful wings. The wings of Everstream Gogmazios aren't tattered. The oil on its body has actually stuck the wings to its arms due to it hardening. When greatly angered, the heat will cause the oil to evaporate from its wings and Everstream Gogmazios forces itself in the air to fly. Everstream Gogmazios don't fly easily and rarely ever fly. Everstream Gogmazios has oil circulating throughout its body, while some of the oil pours out of its body. The oil coming out of a Everstream Gogmazios has impurities, such as waste or sweat, from its skin due to its diet, though thanks to the crystals consumed in said diet, the oil hardens and crystallises quite quickly. The oil pours out from its chest and back, dripping onto the ground below it. This oil is very sticky, attaching to anything that it touches. Some of the oil has hardened on Gogmazios's body, increasing the strength of its scales and shell, giving it better defense against potential threats, as well as forming crystals, which are contantly heated up. Also, found inside of its body and inside its extra limbs are special organs that allow it to produce heated fire, and the ability to utilise the Everstream's energy in some of its attacks. Everstream Gogmazios uses both of these as tools to ignite the oil and to make its attacks deadlier then before. When greatly enraged, Everstream Gogmazios's body temperature will not only increase greatly, but be flooded with the Everstream's power, causing its flames to take on a blueish tinge. In this state, its body temperature will increase greatly, making the oil it produces ignite faster and heat up faster without much warning, becoming massively explosive and far more damaging.
Similar to Teostra, Gogmazios has a highly unusual diet of sulfur and gunpowder. Everstream Gogmazios however, do not, due to now eating the solidified Everstream crystals in the Elder's Recess, and now having a taste and a need for only this food. It is highly aggressive and will jealously guard its territory in the crystals, attempting to destroy anything that threatens it or eat its food. Everstream Gogmazios are known to hibernate underground for a very long period of time, spanning to a few years or even several decades, when it has obtained enough food, but waking up to feed again when food is needed.
The Hunter drops into the Everstream Grotto, marveling at the sight before them. The pick up a chunk of crystal, which glows slightly. They then here a massive roar, as a large shape crashes down in front of them, barely missing them with its massive claws. The Hunter quickly backs up, and sees that it was the Everstream Gogmazios, who roars again before picking up the tiny shard and devouring it. Its chest glows blue for a moment before it growls and makes ready for a fight, and the Hunter responds, the hunt beginning.
- Everstream Gogmazios's roar requires max Earplugs to block.
- Its tail can be carved twice.
- Everstream Gogmazios can be carved 5 times.