Anouphre (アヌーフレ Anuufure) is a medium-sized Fanged Wyvern which has been found inhabiting arid regions, especially deserts.
|Titles||Paralytic Claw Wyvern, Paralytic Slasher|
|Nicknames||Anou, Nouphre, Anubis|
|Monster Class||Fanged Wyvern|
|Habitats||Dunes, Desert, Sandy Plains, Wildspire Waste, Guiding Lands, Gorge, White Lake, Glassy Sands, Arid Monoliths|
|Relatives||Daze Anouphre, Odogaron, Ebony Odogaron|
Anouphre is a medium-sized Fanged Wyvern with a body shape very reminiscent of Odogaron. However, there are some key distinguishing features between the two, the most prominent being how its body is covered more regularly in scales, making it look less like muscles tissue, and has a line of fur going down its spine. Beyond that, the snout of an Anouphre is shorter and more rounded at the sides, looking like a mix of a canid and a mustelid. Alongside this difference in shape, Anouphre also possesses tall ears which stick up above its head, similarly to jackals, but are more narrow. It also lacks the second set of claws that Odogaron has, and instead its claws are curved more like the blade of a khopesh. The spines on its tail are also less bone-like and instead more like needles.
Anouphre's body is overall mainly a very dark brown in color, close to black, with its underside being more of a greyish brown. Some lighter brown spots can also be found on its body. The fur going down its spine, its claws and the spines on its tail all start off as a sort of in between of orange and brown at the base and then turn more golden towards the tips. The inside of its ears are a more reddish brown and its eyes are light blue.
Anouphre are primarily aggressive and territorial to monsters it considers a threat to its territory, primarily being monsters similar in strength to it and those stronger than it. However, it will know when it's outmatched and rather avoid confrontation at that point. It won't be aggressive to monsters it considers prey unless it's hunting, as those aren't a threat to its territory.
Position in Food Chain
Anouphre occupy a position relatively high in the food chain, as its agility and abilities make it a potent predator, being capable of easily taking down prey such as small monsters. These strengths of it also allow it to prey upon larger monsters from time to time whenever it's getting desperate. Despite its strengths though, Anouphre still falls prey on occasion to the monsters found at the top of the food chain as these are capable of overpowering an Anouphre, especially monsters such as Elder Dragon-Levels and Elder Dragons.
Behavior towards Other Monsters
Anouphre won't immediately attack small monsters in the same area that it's found in as it doesn't perceive them as a threat, only attacking once the small monsters threaten it. Anouphre will quite quickly attack other large monsters of similar threat to it as it considers them a threat to it and its territory, only not attacking if the other monster gets scared off. It will also stand up to larger, stronger monsters until they've done enough damage to it. However, Anouphre will run away from powerful monsters such as Elder Dragons without trying to stand up to them.
Anouphre can leave behind several kinds of tracks for hunters to utilize in tracking it down. These tracks include "Medium-Sized Clawed Prints", which can be found on the ground, "Large Claw Marks", which can be found on the ground or on walls, "Claw Fragments", which can be found on the ground and on walls and is often paired with the "Large Claw Marks"', and "Needle Fragments", which can be found on the ground or on walls.
Specific Locale Interactions
Anouphre doesn't have any specific locale interactions.
Anouphre doesn't have any special behaviors.
Anouphre are medium-sized Fanged Wyverns, meaning they have decent physical strength to them, but are more known for having great agility. Anouphre's signature ability is related to its claws, with which it can inflict Paralysis. Alongside its claws, it's also capable of inflicting Paralysis with the spines found on its tail. These paralytic abilities, when used in conjunction with its great agility, allow an Anouphre to quickly attack a threat many times before they can even react.
Rage and Tired States
- Rage State: When Anouphre becomes enraged, some markings on the lower parts of its arms and on its tail will start glowing in an orange hue, primarily around its claws and around the spines on its tail.
- Tired State: When Anouphre becomes tired, it will start drooling and has a chance of falling over after doing some of its leaps around or during some of its attack.
Anouphre are known to be affected by the Frenzy Virus and turn Frenzied as a result, but they're not capable of overcoming the virus and can't attain the Apex State as a result. Anouphre have also been found in the Hyper and Tempered States while also being affected by the virus spread by Xeres Maskana, becoming Impulsed as a result.
- Frenzied Anouphre have the usual changes of a Frenzied monster.
- Tempered Anouphre are considered Threat Lv1 Tempered Monsters and have the usual changes of a Tempered monster.
- Impulsed Anouphre have the usual changes of an Impulsed monster.
- Hyper Anouphre have the usual changes of a Hyper monster.
Anouphre has the same mount animation as Odogaron and can be mounted on its head, body and tail.
Whenever Anouphre is mounted on its head, the hunter will be located on top of the Anouphre's head, in between its ears. The Anouphre will try to get hunters off by violently shaking its head around, by running or leaping around, and by rolling across the ground.
Whenever Anouphre is mounted on its body, the hunter will either be located on top of the Anouphre's body or hanging from either side of its body, being located somewhere from its shoulder to just before its legs. The Anouphre will try to get hunters off by shaking its body, by running or leaping around, by rolling across the ground and by slamming the side of its body into a wall.
Whenever Anouphre is mounted on its tail, the hunter will be located on top of the Anouphre's tail, being located somewhere from the base of the tail to just before the spines on the tail. The Anouphre will try to get hunters off by violently shaking its tail around, by running or leaping around, and by slamming the side of its tail into a wall or the ground.
|High||10 sec.||5/Effect, 10/Effect||★☆☆|
Breakable Parts and Shiny Drops
- Head: Anouphre's head will have scars on it and its ears will be cut to be slightly shorter.
- Forelegs(1): Either of Anouphre's forelegs will have scars on it and the claws will be slightly chipped.
- Forelegs(2): Either of Anouphre's forelegs will have more scars on it and several of the claws will be largely broken. This will disable the Anouphre's ability to cause Paralysis with its claws attack, at least with the leg that has been damaged.
- Tail: Part of the Anouphre's tail will be severed off. This will disable the Anouphre's ability to cause Paralysis with its tail attacks.
- Anouphre can drop an Anouphre Scale/Scale+/Shard with all of its breaks.
- Anouphre can drop an Anouphre Fang/Fang+/Hardfang with the break on its head.
- Anouphre can drop an Anouphre Claw/Claw+/Amberclaw with both of the breaks on both of its front legs.
- Anouphre can drop an Anouphre Spine/Spine+/Sharpspine with the break on its tail.
- Anouphre can drop an Wyvern Tear/Large Wyvern Tear with all of its breaks.
- Anouphre's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Anouphre can be flinched for some time through the usage of Sonic Bombs/Sonic Pods.
- Whenever Anouphre is tired, it will try to find a carcass to eat from to regain Stamina.
- Anouphre is based primarily on the Ushabti from Warhammer Fantasy, which is in turn based on Anubis, alongside being based on jackals and Egyptian weasels. It's also based on khopesh.
- JeremiahV10: For the name.
- Democide: For the Japanese name.
- YukiHerz: For the icon.